Dr Jacques du Toit was born in Cape Town. He did his undergraduate medical degree at the University of Stellenbosch in 2002.
After spending 3 years as a General Practitioner (GP) in Private Practice in Windhoek Namibia, he returned to work as a Principle Medical Officer in Stellenbosch State Hospital from 2008-2009.
He specialised in Dermatology at the division of Dermatology, Tygerberg Academic Hospital and received his specialist Dermatologist degree in 2013. He also became a fellow of the College of Dermatology of South Africa in 2013.
He has been in private practice as a Dermatologist from 2014-current.
He is a member of the following Professional Societies
- Dermatology Society of South Africa – www.derma.co.za
- South Africa Society for Dermatological Surgery – www.sasds.co.za
- Melanoma Society of South Africa – www.melanoma.co.za
- MBChB – University of Stellenbosch – 2002
- MMed (Derm) – University of Stellenbosch – 2013
- FC Derm (SA) – Colleges of Medicine – 2013
- The clinicopathplogical Spectrum of Trichoepitheliomas: a retrospective descriptive study.
International Journal of Dermatology 2015.
- Churg Strauss Syndrome, a Case Report.
SA Dermatology Review 2009, 9
- Dr du Toit authored chapters regarding skin cancer in the Dermatology textbook for Africa 2018
- Vitamin D status in adult patients with non-melanoma skin cancer in Cape Town, South Africa: a cross sectional study: International Journal of Dermatology,
- Retrograde punch biopsy technique for removal of enlarged earlobe piercings. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, 2019
- Sports dermatosis with a twist: Liquid latex-induced hair shaft entanglement JAAD Case Reports 2019.
- New-Found Dermatology Clinic AIDS Hospital and Patients.
SA Dermatology review 2008
- Awarded First prize for best poster presented at the 2008, Annual Congress of the Dermatological Society of South Africa
- Awarded Third Prize for best registrar presentation at the 2010, Annual Congress of the Dermatological Society of South Africa
- Awarded First Prize for best registrar presentation at the 2011, Annual Congress of the Dermatological Society of South Africa